Thomas V Shaw & Co Ltd is truly a family business named after the original proprietor who established the business in the 1940’s originally selling businesses and commercial properties in East Lancashire.
Mr Thomas Shaw was born and lived his early life in Ribchester. He was decorated for gallantry gaining the British Empire Medal and mentioned in dispatches in the Second World War.
On returning to Blackburn after the war he opened his first business in 1947 on Whalley New Road, Blackburn. The office then moved to Larkhill in Blackburn, and then occupied 11 Preston New Road, Blackburn, the premises from which it operates today.
Mr Shaw ran the business until 1990 when he retired and the business transferred to his son in law David Briffett, a Chartered Surveyor and his wife, Mr Shaw’s daughter, Lynn Briffett.
The business expanded its horizons when Hilary Slaven an experienced solicitor joined the firm to focus on commercial leasing.
Other staff include, Sarah Vernon-Beesley and Chantal Hodgson, both Senior Sales Negotiators, and Beverley Lang, senior secretary in Charge of the Valuation Department.